23 January 2008

this and that

My days have been full preparing our 2008 program of public services. My colleague Sharman Hartson and I have been working hard to get some things on paper as a first step. We've got lots going on, and lots more planned.
-------
Our evenings have been full of homework and books and stories and evening meals and the rhythms of life lived by the school calendar. I'm enjoying experiencing kindergarten as a parent. Laura and I had lunch with Darby and her class last week. Great fun. Ella is gaining daily in personality (no shortage of that), verbal skills and vocabulary. It is at once hilarious and precious.
-------
I'm nearly finished with Romans (on Sunday mornings) and Galatians (on Sunday evenings). I've got more bulletins articles coming when I can cut-and-paste them into blogger. I've not done full manuscript sermons, only handwritten notes, so you won't be seeing the sermons. On the horizon: parables from Luke in the AM and miracle-stories in the PM.
-------
And I've rolled up my sleeves for a winter project consisting of new flooring in our sunroom, kitchen and living room-dining room, basically the entire downstairs. DIY laminate flooring. So far so good. Our sunroom is 98% finished and the rest will go more quickly since A) I know now what I'm doing, and B) there's no more heavy furniture to contend with. Maybe I can post some pictures. Power saw notwithstanding, my finger count stands at a robust and articulate 10. Let's hope it stays that way.
-------
I'm returning to some earlier research on Nashville Churches of Christ; I've got some more data to collect as I revise the paper for a conference in April.
-------
Stay tuned for Washington DC.

grace and peace.

No comments: